Monday, December 6, 2010

I HAVE CABLE !!

I woke up this morning to -1C/30F. Now that was COLD. Had the furnace and the little electric heater going mad. I think the highest it got today was 11C/52F....but I still managed to get out for a ride.

I had a MAJOR stock up to do at Walmart so Bennie stayed home and when I finished at Walmart I had both saddle bags full plus his kennel full.

Before going to Walmart I decided to install that second "Add-A-Drawer" that I got. I don't know why, but this one gave me a lot of trouble. I must have been at it for at least 2 hours.
 

Yes, That is my backrest holding it up, along with the clamps, so that I could pre-drill the holes.


I don't know what it is but whenever I do anything I seem to need every tool and gadget I have to get the job done !!

I'm meeting some of the nicest people !! And always willing to lend a hand. I met Jake and his family at the last State Park I was at and they were so sweet. They have two adorable little boys. Jake helped me hook up the trailer.
 
At this park there was a couple from Michigan who was here just for 2 days. Lee showed me how to put out my awning and then another time we got talking about cable. That was because they went out last night and were concerned about leaving JB behind. So I checked in on him. He is a real sook !! LOL I ended up going over to their rig with my computer and Bennie and then he was just fine.

But while I was there they had left the TV on for JB and I was flicking through the channels. Now I'm not a big TV person but I wondered if I could get that. I haven't even turned on my TV yet.
 
This Park has Cable with each site and I did see the plug to put the cable cord outside but had no idea how that connected to my rig.

I asked Lee about it and he said I would have a place somewhere. I don't recall ever seeing it. We looked everywhere and lo and behold there it was in the same compartment where the electrical plug is for outside.

So while I was at Walmart I got a 25' cable cord thingie and was excited to hook it up. Which I did as soon as I got home. Turned the TV on....NOTHING. So I didn't feel like dealing with it right then and I'll have another look tomorrow to see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Perhaps I bought the wrong cable cord thingie ??
 
Here's a pic of Bennie's new (but short term) friend JB. I thought he looked just like Bennie but much larger. There's another little dog in the Park that looks just like Bennie also....but smaller. So we now have Bennie's is all sizes. LOL
 


Now lastly, a word about WATER. WTF is up with water these days?? There's 'Spring' water:
 


There's 'Drinking' water:
 


And then there's 'Distilled' water:



I can't tell the difference. Can you tell the difference ? (Prize goes to the first one who can remember what commercial those lines were from. LOL) And what really is the difference !!??

7 comments:

  1. Most rigs have a switch that lets you toggle the input to the TV from the antenna to cable. It's usually close to the TV. Often there will also be an antenna amplifier for use when you are trying to get input from the antenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring water is water that comes out of a spring from underground, usually from some mountainous area with all the natural minerals, etc. Distilled water has been distilled and has lost all of its mineral content. Usually use that for irons, batteries, etc. Not harmful to drink, but its best not to drink it all the time.

    I believe your ad is the Pepsi/Coke ad.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Froggi, Yes I saw that switch and have it on to "TV". I haven't looked at it again since last night. Will have another go at it tonight.

    Joan, WTF ever happened to just hauling out a garden hose and sticking your mouth under it !! LOL That's what we did when we were kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh another thing...I can't even remember what commercial that line was from LOL But the old one about a dish detergent somehow sticks in my mind ???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sassy I think the commercial was for ABC clothes detergent. Hope you enjoying your adventures!!!
    Tracy cmc 024

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yea, that's right....the pepsi and coke was which one tastes better while the tasters were blindfolded. I'm not sure I've ever heard of ABC laundry detergent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think it was Pepsi/Coke one. I seem to think it was some kind of detergent ?? Damn, now this is driving me nuts !!
    Joan, ABC Detergent is probably just a 'Canadian' thing. LOL

    ReplyDelete