Friday, December 24, 2010

GALVESTON, OH GALVESTON

I was talking with my Mother the other night and told her I was taking a run into Galveston. I could see (hear) her eyes light up 'cause FINALLY that name is familiar because of the Glen Campbell song which she mentioned immediately. LOL

Left Bennie home because he had been sick the day before besides it was a bit cold and fairly windy. Glad I did 'cause by the time I reached Walmart I was near froze to death. At the last second I had decided to put my long-john thermals in the saddlebags and I put them on while in Walmart. Made for a much more comfortable ride home. Also while going there the sand was blowing across the rode and hitting me in the face. It actually looked like snow drifts because the sand is so white.

Got a new kennel for Ben as the run over one was just not salvageable. But I was sure rotted !! At Walmart the identical kennel (different brand name of course) was $15.00, while the one I got at Petsmart was $23.00 !! What a rip-off !!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Comes in handy for storing the things I bought:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Jeeze I'm all bundled up as if I were riding in Newfie. LOL But it was a great ride home.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



Tried to take a few pics along the way, but I was heading West so therefore the SUN blinded all my shots. This one shows how close the road is to the water:
.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Denise, Sounds like you and Bennie are having a great time. And white sand beaches!!! ... I only wish. We were in Newfoundland last week; just got back on Thursday. No snow there, while here it's up to your yingyang. Wanted to wish you both a merry christmas, and safe travels. Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise, Its your favorite Aunt Theresa just wanted to wish you a very merry christmas. Im glad to see you you got to Texas safe and sound. I'm celebrating my grandsons birthday in New Jersey with your cousin Michele. I hope you get another Turkey dinner tomorrow being that its Christmas Day. Looks like Benny is a little more comfortable now.We wish you all the best and a very safe trip.
    Love ya,
    Aunt Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cook, How long were you home for this time ? Everyone ok there ?

    Aunt Theresa, Still checking up on me huh ! LOL Glad you are ! Say Hi to Michele for me. Oh I'll be cooking up a big turkey dinner tomorrow for sure.....NOT !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of you in the motorcycle gear! I see that and think about our grandmothers and all the choice we have that they never dreamed of. How empowering! I put the pic on my wallpaper for my office computer. You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete