Saturday, December 11, 2010

THE CLOTHES SAGA

During the 'cool' days we had I did manage to accomplish something. Just to give you some stats, I had:
 
26 short sleeve t-shirts - I now have 12 - who needs 26 frikkin' t-shirts !!!
 
20 long sleeve t-shirts - I now have 13
 
6 pair of pants/slacks (NOT jeans) - I now have 5 (didn't do so well there did I haha) And yet all I even wear is jeans so why am I keeping 6 pairs of pants ???
 
24 pairs of socks (My name is Sassy and I am a sock-a-holic) - I now have 18 pairs
 
11 regular type sweat shirts - I now have 8
 
And I won't even go into the rest !!

Now remember, I really and I mean REALLY downsized when I sold the house and first moved into the RV. Then I downsized again when I moved out of the Condo back into the RV.
 
This is what's going to the Goodwill, yes even hangers because I've learned that wire hangers take up less room:
 





























All baged up ready to go

















And here's my now very tidy clothes cupboard (wonder how long it will stay like that !!! LOL)

































I couldn't bear to tackle those MASSIVE closets that day:

















This is the LARGE ONE:
 
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



However, I did tackle them the following day and now everything (well the clothes anyway LOL) is very organized !!

2 comments:

  1. 18 pairs of socks? That's hysterical. I think I have four and they don't get worn very often. I wear sandals most of the time. You did great at getting rid of stuff. I really need to do the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that you continue to have too much 'stuff'.

    I have too much stuff:
    3 pairs of socks
    7 short sleeve t-shirts
    3 cotton turtle necks
    1 blue jeans
    1 warm-up pants
    1 wool shirt-jacket
    3 dress shirts w/collars (never wear)
    2 sport coats (never wear)
    1 Suit (never wear)
    2 winter coats (almost never wear)

    I know it is time to do laundry when I run out of underwear.

    ReplyDelete