Thursday, December 30, 2010

ABSOLUTE WORST DRIVING DAY YET

Let's start with the beginning of the day - which was the best part. Woke up (again ! ) at 5:30AM. This has definitely got to stop !!

Planned my route for today and decided I wasn't going to go back to the HD store.....really.....seriously. But the T-Shirt I bought yesterday was too small so I had to go back and exchange it. I was so proud of myself for being so 'controlled' yesterday. Alas, the same didn't happen today.

RQ, Check out this tent sale. This is only one end of it:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And this is the other end of it. And we're not even in the store yet.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Oh, That's just me showin' off. LOL


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I mean c'mon ! I NEEDED some colour in my wardrobe. And this was regular $60.00, on sale for $20.00. What's a girl to do ??

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Got this sweat shirt for $15.00. Regular price was $42.00.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Got this one also for $20.00. Regular price $60.00.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It did start off as a beautiful morning, albeit a bit chilly. I eventually got on the road by about 11:00AM. The woman I spoke with this morning from the RV Park where I am staying tonight said it was a 'bit' windy so be careful.

Sweet mother of god, I was on the Highway no more than 20 minutes and it hit !! Not only windy whereby the steering wheel kept being ripped from my hands, but sand and dust flying everywhere making the visibility poor.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And poorer:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And poorer:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was all I could do to keep the rig on the road. Yet those 18 wheelies didn't seem to mind it at all. There were warnings all over the radio.

But there is hope......I am FINALLY out of Texas:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Where I pull in to the very first rest stop. The ground looks like snow doesn't it. Nope, That's pure white sand:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Got back on the road and just when I thought the driving conditions could not get any worse I ran into a SLEET STORM....along with all that wind:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

But thankfully that didn't last long. I had about 10 minutes to catch my breath when I started noticing some 'white stuff' on the cars/trucks coming from the other direction. Not possible !!! Oh yes !! FRIKKIN' S-N-O-W !! WTF ??

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And more SNOW:

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I was never so glad to get off the road and also know that I had a place to pull in to that wasn't far away.
It is a bitter cold night here tonight. I have my electric heater right up next to me going mad since I pulled in and the furnace still is kicking in every few seconds. It is currently 26F/-3C and the forecast is bitter cold for the next 3-4 days. I might as well be up North somewhere !! LOL
Tonight I am residing at the Low Hi RV Ranch in Deming, New Mexico and I'll likely stay put here tomorrow as well.
.
P.S. I was just out with Bennie ..... BRRRRR
.

9 comments:

  1. Sassy......is this the former heritage 2006 on the Rv forum with whom I had a few conversations.....if so I came upon your blog by accident while following a link from a friends blog RV Life on Wheels....I am currently in Ontario having flown home for Christmas...returning to Apache Junction on Monday the 3rd.
    Just want to congratulate you on your blog and style....very interesting. Caffe

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a couple of other people we know who are also hunkered down in Deming waiting for the weather to get better. Glad you made it safe. Terrible day for you.

    Who is Sandy who posted above. We're also in Apache Junction. Sandy if you read this, we're in the Santa Fe RV Park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jim & Sandi,
    The email name is my wifes...she passed away in Febr...I just never changed the account. I am currently booked in at Sunrise Rv Resort at 1403 w Broadway...5th wheel with kawasaki voyager...back on the 3rd
    Bob Hayes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bob, WHEW ! Glad you replied to Sandie's post. I was racking my brain and coming up with nothing.....then again that's not so unusual !! LOL

    But as soon as you mentioned the Kawasaki Voyager I remembered !!

    Oh and yes I have used heritage 2006 as my handle in the past.

    (hmmmmm wonder what he means by "my blog and style....very interesting" ??)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sandie, Yes indeed it was a terrible day. But I got through it !! I just paid for another 2 nights (isn't PA great !!)so I'll be here until Sunday for sure.

    But I'm thinking I'll likely get back on the road on Monday. We'll see.

    Actually I quite like it here. Very quiet which is my # 1 criteria. And lots of people around which is good as long as they don't bother me. LOL

    I can't believe how many RV Parks there are in this tiny little town.

    When are you guys leaving for Yuma ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy snow balls, I can't believe you left out in that stuff! I thought you would stay in Texas if you saw the weather! I knew it was coming your way. Glad you made it safe and sound to Deming. An Aunt and Uncle used to live their many moons ago! New Mexico is beautiful.

    Don't know if we will get to meet if you leave Monday. I work until 3PM. There is an HD Shop in Sierra Vista if your looking to get off the trail. We are about 30 miles south of I10. If you do there is a big parking lot behind the HD Shop you can pull your RV into. My email address is huachucawoman@yahoo.com.

    If you keep on keepin on to Yuma...have a safe trip and we will see you on the HD Forum.

    Twiggy/Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Denise. It was good talking to you again. Irene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year!!!
    I love all the hoodies....you did show control....only three LOL

    All the best in 2011

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Kim, When I called the RV place here to make sure they had a pull-thru site for me she said it was a 'bit' windy and it was coming my way. She didn't say anything about f*cking HURRICANE winds or the sleet storm or the snow !! LOL

    HAPPY NEW YEAR Irene, I sure hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete