Wednesday, November 10, 2010

NO RESIDENTIAL ROADS TODAY !

Nope, Had a very uneventful day.....THANK GAWD !! Perhaps it's because I didn't rely on BETTY ! Just got on the I95 and that's where I stayed. Pulled off when I needed to at those huge Service Centers.

I'm presently residing at the Delaware Welcome Center. You should see this place. Apparently it's only been opened a few months. They have a place for Truckers and RV'ers with electrical, internet and cable hook up !! Those are not working yet but WOW !

Now it's not quiet here. It's located smack in the middle of the I95....with South traffic on one side and North traffic on the other side. But I'm not complaining. I'm very comfortable and feel very safe.

The most AMAZING thing happened to me today.......At one place I stopped to eat/rest and I walked Bennie. AND I didn't need my WINTER coat on. It was somewhere in New Jersey. There is hope afterall !!! LOL

Right now I'm laying back with dinner cooking (yes, I'm gonna try that cooking stuff again and hopefully no FIRE this time ROTFL) and I actually have the window OPEN and the heat is not cutting in. Think I made the right decision ??

I never saw so many bridges, tunnells and turnpikes in all my life. Jeeze, I don't even know what a 'turnpike' is !!??

I took the next 5 pics 'cause I didn't know where I was other than in the State of New York. But I bet when my Aunt Theresa reads this she will know.






More bridges:




Oh, Remember the other day when I was complaining about........errr....'discussing' the Tolls. Well Canadians should be warned about this !! LOL That day I spent $20.50 in Toll charges. Today I went through a toll and it was $18.50 !! And not five minutes later I went through another one and that was $12.00 !! I'm not kidding !!





5 comments:

  1. Glad you're safe and sound and not lost. A few months on the road and you won't even hear that road noise when you're on top of it. At least that's what happened with me. I guess I'm just so much more relaxed and I can sleep.

    Once you get out of the northeast hopefully most of the tolls will go away. Drive safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things are going well. Are you stopping to see the relatives in NY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sandie !! This new Service Center is really quite amazing.
    Looking at the maps on google now to see where I'll be tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilyn Mahon I assume.....??

    No are you kidding !!! Taking my Motorhome and hauling the trailer into NY....not a chance. Just got off the phone with Aunt Theresa and she said it's not that warm there.
    I'm heading to where it's warm !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sound like my in-laws -I will always be Marilyn Mahon to them LOL- So glad to hear that this trip is going as planned. But it sounds the further south you go the higher the cost of the tolls! Stay safe, hugs to you and Bennie. I will get mom sorted out on the blog thing!

    ReplyDelete