Sunday, November 28, 2010

AND THAT BRINGS US TO TODAY

This morning when I woke up (at my usual 6:00AM - 7:00AM UGH !) it was so cold in the RV that I actually turned the heat on for the first time in weeks.

Mornings are often a little chilly but only require my small electric heater on for 1/2 hour or so to get the chill out. This morning was different - but it warmed up quickly and was again a gorgeous very warm (not hot thankfully) day.

It was so cold this morning that I had to put my tea mug by the heat vent to warm it up !


I'm packed up and out of my campsite by Noon and know I still have tons of time as check in at the Anastasia State Park (my new home now until December 3rd) isn't until 3:00PM.

So I decided to see if there was a place big enough to pull over by the laundry area (which was very far from my site) and if so I would do a load of laundry. There was - and I did. While the laundry was doing its thing Bennie and I strolled down by the River and took a few pics:







Unfortunately my campsite was a long ways away from this beautiful spot - completely at the other end of the Park actually. I wish now that I had been parked up at that end.
 
We head now to the State Park whereby I have to drive through downtown, very scenic St. Augustine's. Took a few pics while driving. Will explore more this week on my bike.



See that BIG BRIDGE......I'll be driving over that in a few seconds.

Now the FUN begins. This State Park has NO pull-thru sites so I know I have to unhook the little pup; back the RV into the site (that is no problem); get the bike out of the little pup; put the little pup on the dolly; and then PULL the little pup into the site. Can I do it ?? I don't know at this point. I'm checking everything very carefully and trying to do it systematically:


Get the 'wheel chucks' ( is that what they are called ??) in place to make sure she doesn't roll away from me. Oh, This road is one-way and I am blocking anybody that might try to come through as it is also very narrow.

I have the RV unhooked and in the site when in fact somebody did come by. I went to him even before he stopped to explain my situation and what I was doing.

Before I could even get one word out he rolled down his window and said "That's pretty damn inconsiderate". GRRRRR I apologized and explained what I was doing and that I was doing it as quickly as I could. He just backed up without saying a word. The BAS#$##$# !! Anybody else would have said "Can I help you". NO, not this guy !



Check, Check and double check:



OK, The EASY part is done. The little pup is unhooked from the RV and the bike is out. Anybody notice in this pic that I have parked the trailer on a slight grade ??


I DID IT !! Big pup and little pup both in place and I'm sweating like a pig and exhausted !! But elated !!


Hook up the electric and water - put the table, chair and mat out. Ready to have my cuppa tea. With the mat in place I can now go to the outside 'kitchen table' without having to put my shoes back on. LOL

3 comments:

  1. What a jerk. Honest Sassy - most of us aren't like that. We've all blocked the road at one time or another trying to get into a site. You just relax and enjoy and forget about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!!! I'm proud of you...ignore the idiots like that guy. Fortunately they are in the minority!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Nfld we have many names for guys like that. Big prick comes to mind.
    Enjoying your blog very much.
    P

    ReplyDelete