Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bought A Condo !! YIKES







The pain in my neck and shoulder was not getting better so I started to panic ! What was I going to do ?? Where was I going to live ?? Certainly can't live full-time in a Motorhome in Newfounland !!

I knew I didn't want to buy a house again. And I also knew that I didn't want to throw away money on rent. Housing and rental prices have really increased here in the last few years.

So I decided to start looking online at Condo's. Boy, They are expensive as well. But I did find one that I fell in love with and because it needed some work (mostly cosmetic), the price was within the range that I was willing to pay. It's not in a concrete building and it's overlooking a large Pond. The view from my livingroom is amazing !!!

The more I thought about it, the more I realized that even if I can get back on the road, buying the Condo would be a good investment and I could rent it while (if ??) I'm travelling.

So buy it I did. Possession date is September 14th but the person that I have hired to do the remodeling cannot start the work until October 5th.....meaning I can't advertise it for rent until towards the end of October. All will fall into place I'm sure.

I'm feeling more hopeful today that I will be able to get back on the road though. It's only been the last few days that I have felt some relief from the pain so I'm hopeful that it will continue to improve. I still have three whole weeks before I make my "Go" "No Go" decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment